Kindergarten Readiness Bags
The Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading created Kindergarten Readiness Bags to provide learning support for incoming kindergarteners in the months before school begins so that children can start school ready to learn. The generous support of The Patterson Foundation, Rotary Clubs, Charlotte Community Foundation, and the School District of DeSoto County allowed for all incoming kindergarteners in Charlotte, DeSoto, and Sarasota counties and Title 1 students in Manatee County to receive Kindergarten Readiness Bags.
Where can I pick up our FREE Kindergarten Readiness Bag?
Kindergarten Readiness Bags will be distributed at Kindergarten Round-up events (TBA) in Charlotte, DeSoto, and Sarasota counties and at Title 1 schools in Manatee County. Students who do not attend Kindergarten Readiness events will receive their bags at the time of Kindergarten registration.
For more information, ideas, and fun activities to help you prepare your child for kindergarten, take a look at the Kindergarten Readiness Guide.
Each Kindergarten Readiness Bag includes:
- Alphabet flashcards
- First-word flashcards
- Number flashcards
- Color and shape flashcards
- English Alphabet Literacy Chart
- Set of lower case magnetic alphabet letters
- Set of upper case magnetic alphabet letters
- Pad of drawing paper
- Picture book
- Vroom information
- Mind in the Making information
- Kindergarten Readiness Checklist for parents
- Kindergarten Readiness Parent Guide
- Information from Attendance Works about Attendance in the Early Grades
- A “magic” postcard (a prepaid postcard that when returned will prompt the mailing of another age-appropriate book to the family)