- This event has passed.
Getting Beyond Negative Perceptions about Parents: Key Insights about Engaging Parents in Ending Chronic Absence
September 30, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
We invite you to join Ben Chida and Jill Habig from the California Department of Justice, Office of Attorney General Kamala Harris, in this engaging webinar to learn about the findings of this study, conducted through focus groups of parents across the state. In this webinar, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of parents’ attitudes and behaviors surrounding school attendance and truancy.
- Observe parent and student behaviors to identify key attitudes and behaviors that need to change.
- Understand how difficult it would be to make necessary changes to prevent truancy.
- Gain a better understanding of what would move parents to act (i.e., ensure their child regularly attends school).
- Identify motivators and resources that will help parents get their kids to school.
- Learn about one state’s strategy for constructively engaging with parents.